Don’t you just love that there are still so many vegetables and flowers which are actually seasonal … of course you can buy almost everything all year round however certain things are just the best when they are harvested fresh during the season. one of my most favorite seasonal vegetables is asparagus. i could eat it all day every day, no matter if green or white. living in austria has the advantage that we have the best asparagus that you can find, especially the white one is simply amazing!
unfortunately the season just ended and here i am posting an asparagus recipe, but i just have to cause it tasted so lovely ….
What you need for 2 bowls …
- 1 package of 100% buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 pack of white asparagus
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp home made ghee
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- rice vinegar
- fresh sheep cheese
How to make …
- grate the asparagus stems, not the tips though, just cut them off
- dice the onion and place in a frying pan with some vegetable oil
- when the onion turns golden add the asparagus
- add the lemon juice and some salt
- the asparagus should turn golden as well but should still be crunchy
- in the mean time boil some water and cook the soba noodles for about 6 minutes in the boiling water
- when soft, but not sticky rinse with ice cold water
- add a tablespoon of ghee to your pot, let it melt and then add the noodles and toss in the melted ghee
- add a hint of rice vinegar so that the noodles have a slightly sour taste
- add the asparagus to the pot and toss
- season with some sea salt
- serve with a teaspoon or two of fresh sheep cheese
and now enjoy ….